Change of address info and form » Change of address form and info

Change of address form and info

Change of Address -  

It is critical to keep your residential address information up-to-date so you can receive important correspondence about your student from CMS and so your school has accurate emergency contact information.  An incorrect address could potentially affect a student’s school assignment, bus transportation, and eligibility to participate in athletics.  Please click here to complete the change of address form.  CMS mandates that you provide 2 proofs of residency for your new address.  Please see table below for acceptable forms of residency verification.


All applicants must submit at least one document from each of the following columns.  These documents are for address verification, and must all reflect the address provided for enrollment or change of address.

Column A

Column B

Column C


  • Copy of Deed OR record of most recent mortgage statement
  • Copy of current Lease (including Charlotte Housing Authority and HUD leases) 
  • HUD Closing Statement 
  • Residency Affidavit from landlord affirming tenancy  
  • Section 8 agreement
  • Letter from approved agency (group home purposes only)


A utility bill or work order dated within the past 30 days, including:

  • Gas bill
  • Water bill
  • Electric bill
  • Telephone bill
  • Cable bill


  • Valid NC driver’s license
  • Current vehicle registration
  • Valid North Carolina photo identification card

Dated within the past year:

  • W-2 form
  • Vehicle tax bill
  • Property tax bill
  • Medicaid Card

Dated within the past 60 days:

  • Payroll stub
  • Bank or credit card statement